R. Steven Powell, DMD
Meet Dr. Powell
A native Augustan, Dr. Powell attended Martinez Elementary and Evans High School. In 1977, he graduated from Augusta State University cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. He graduated number one in his class from the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry in 1981.
Following graduation from dental school, Dr. Powell completed a General Practice Residency at the Naval Hospital in Camp Pendleton, CA. He then served four years with the United States Navy Dental Corp. After completing his military service, Dr. Powell returned to MCG to complete a two year post-graduate residency in the specialty of orthodontics. Dr. Powell has been in the private practice of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics since 1988.
Dr. Powell has been an active associate clinical professor in the Department of Orthodontics at the Medical College of Georgia (now GHSU) since 1988. He became board certified in orthodontics in 1997.
- Augusta Dental Society
- Eastern District Dental Society
- Georgia Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- Georgia Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- College of Diplomats of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society